Gone are the days, where you had limited choices when it came to printers. If you just type “printers” on your search bar, you will be flooded with a lot of options. Depending on the type of printer you purchase, you might need to purchase the cartridges accordingly.
Understanding the Type of Cartridges for Printers
Printer cartridges can be of two types – Ink Cartridges and Toner Cartridges. Ink cartridges are used basically for inkjet printers. You can find them in black or colored liquid. The ink from these cartridges is a combination of pigments and dyes. The inkjet printers make use of jet of ink to spray them on paper.
Toner cartridges, on the other hand, are dry powder consisting of microscopic particles made of plastic. This microscopic powder is electronically charged, heated, and then put on paper through a rotating drum installed inside the printer. These cartridges can be found in laser printers. Both cartridges come in original, compatible, and remanufactured types.
It is always better to purchase printer consumables from credible stores such as Need More Ink, headquartered at Boca Raton, Florida. They are pioneers in all types of toners and cartridges. You can find both ink and toner cartridges for different brands and models that too at economical rates.
They have flexible payment methods wherein you can make payments via online platforms such PayPal or through debit or credit cards. You can rely on their customer support to help you with any queries related to their products.
Now you might wonder which printer would be suitable for you. This again depends on your requirement. If you are looking for printers specifically for HD images or to print on an occasional basis, then inkjet printers would be the perfect choice for you.
If you are looking for a printer for high-volume printing or color prints, then laser printers would be suitable for such types of jobs.
Basic Difference between Ink and Toner Cartridges
If you are still confused about which type of cartridge to opt for, it would be better to understand the difference. Some of the basic differences between these two cartridges are:
- Toner cartridges have a high page yield when compared to ink cartridges
- Ink cartridges have a lower initial cost than toner cartridges
- Toner cartridges are beneficial for large printing volumes
- Ink cartridges are good for small printing jobs or photos
- Toner cartridges are larger than ink cartridges
- Ink cartridges can dry out or clog frequently, toner cartridges do not dry or clog
- Toner cartridges do not expire, but ink cartridges do
- Ink cartridges consist of liquid ink, whereas toner cartridges consist of dry powder
- Ink cartridges are less susceptible to smudging than toner cartridges
- Toner cartridges take longer time to dry on paper than ink cartridges
If you already have a printer but are not sure which cartridge it uses, you can check the printer manual or contact any printing store to get the information.
Each cartridge has its pros and cons. It all depends on your printing requirement and the type of printer you are looking for.