What devices you need to wire you to have to write it down in your book. The most beautiful houses are wire-free. There are wireless protocols like Bluetooth, Wi-Fi, by this you can install smart products in your home and use it.
If you want to make your home smart, you will need a smartphone and a Wi-Fi router. Nowadays, most people have smartphones and Wi-Fi router by this, you will connect the smart products to it and control it by your choice.
You have to hardwire some devices which are dumb like air conditioning, smart garden and many more. If you don’t like wires, then you can go with power batteries. But these power batteries are only available for few devices. When you connect with your home, wires are very cool and smart. You should go to your breaker box, and if it is open with a hand drill, then no need to call an electrician to your house because it is easy. You will only do it with less time. Your money will be saved because when you bring an electrician to your house, he will charge money for working. If you want some smart things, you can check Tuya Smart Home Devices.
Select the Location To Control
The new smart home should contain a device to control all the smart things from only one place. You want to control all the smart devices from the device like
- Audio, you can use Google voice assistant.
- Smartphone, you have to install the application of the smart product and use it.
And when you plan to make your home smart, you have decided which devices you will make smart like audio, video, lights, fans, smoke detectors, laptops, and many more. All these are wired in your home, so if you want to control them with the smart feature, then you have removed the old product and replace it with a new smart one. If you want to rewire, your home selects the devices which you want to rewire.
Use cable reels to transport wires.
How to Connect Wires
Some big companies that offer you smart products if you call them will only do wire things and connect smart devices you want. Alternatively, the other option is that you can call an electrician and do the wirework. Because we are connecting and doing stuff with wires, it is risky and dangerous. You might get a shock or shock circuit that can happen if you know where the breaker box is, and you know to use it, then directly off the breaker box, and do the wiring work by yourself. And when you connect it, then there is no chance of giving money to anyone.
The Equipments You Will Need At the Time of Wiring
The main and important tools you will need at the time of wirings are
Screws, wire nuts, a level, drill, screwdriver, needle nose pliers, and wire strippers. In all this, you will mostly need a screwdriver and wire nuts.
How to Wire A Smart Outlet
- You have to turn off the power of all the houses by offing it from the breaker box.
- Unscrew the wall plate. And remove the old outlet from the wall.
- You have to turn the old switch or outlet wire from it, in a counterclockwise direction.
- Take the old switch or outlet from the wall and keep it inside any box or anywhere because if you want in the future, you will need it.
- See the wire properly that it will get connected with the new one or don’t know about it. You can ask an electrician about that.
- And when you get to connect the wires if smart outlet. Most times, the wires will be in two different colors, and if it is not, you will need a voltage tester, and by checking the wire, you can easily connect your wires.
- Place back the old wires inside the wall. And old wire should be connected with the smart outlet.
- Now screw the new smart outlet in the wall box and attach the plate also if it is there.
- Turn the power on from the breaker box. And you can use the smart outlet in your home.
Light Switches and Outlets
You have replaced existing light switches and outlets with new smart light switches and smart outlets. After that, connect the new smart products to the Wi-Fi and use it in your smartphone with the product application. When you install it, a smart button will control all the smart lights. And smart outlets will control whatever is inserted in the outlet like a computer, table fan, lamp, and many more. We have told these two products together because the wiring system is the same in both the product light switches and outlets. While inserting a new smart product before inserting, check the voltage of the current from voltage tester than fit and use it.
How to Wire A Smart Smoke Alarm
A new version of smoke alarms can be controlled with the help of a smartphone. They come with hardwired or batteries anyone. Which one you like wire or batteries, then you have to select it. But it also depends on how your house is a wire or with batteries. If you have a wire in your home, then you can install it.
- Off the power of the house from the breaker box.
- Take your existing smoke alarm from the ceiling. You can keep the old one in your pouch. If you want, you can use it afterward.
- Screw the bracket in the electrical box.
- Unscrew the old wire nuts from the ceiling and remove it. After that, remove the old smoke alarm.
- Connect the new smoke alarm wire to the wires of the ceiling.
- And after connecting the wire, twist the position of the bracket.
- All the work is done now. Turn the power on.
Separate Other Devices Which Are Not Smart
There are some devices that we cannot replace with smart ones like wireless access points, system components, charging stations of some devices that can only be done physically, and many more.